SciFi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars

+4
Ephemeral
Crouton
JNK
The Doctor
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars

Post by The Doctor Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:04 am

Tis, I'll follow him into the mists of avalon
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars - Page 2 Empty Re: Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars

Post by Padmé Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:14 am

Anakin and I were initially furious when we heard about the new episodes, assuming that they were going to be Disney made on all grounds. But after speaking to my brother, who knows everything about film, especially Star Wars, he has convinced me that this WILL BE real Star Wars. He went into great detail about the contract that was signed between Lucas and Disney, and it is clear that in fact (although I did not think this initially), Lucas has been very smart selling off SW. My brother is normally King Skeptical, so the fact he is positive on this matter, I believe him. He never steers me wrong. I'll be over the moon if this is real SW.
Padmé
Padmé
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:30 am

What she means about real Star Wars is actual stories written out in detail by Lucas in the last years before the deal was made, based on his notes before he made the first Star Wars. Her brother said that originally Palpatine would have been the villain throughout all 9 films, but that Vader would still have died in Episode VI, so of course a new villain was invented for the new film.
Anakin
Anakin
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:26 am

I remeber Lucas once mentioned, that since he allowed SW universe to be filled with different books, etc. that his original script for 3 last movies did not really fit anymore inot what has become of the universe. I hope he made corrections in that respect...
JNK
JNK

http://www.mapkinases.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:34 pm

No, I'm afraid not. As far as he is concerned the films are one universe, the expanded universe is another. That way they have more liberty in what they do in expanded universe, because there's a lot of rules attached to what you would have to write and make it fit with the films. So the new films pretty much take the expanded universe for granted.
Anakin
Anakin
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Padmé Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:30 pm

JNK wrote:I remeber Lucas once mentioned, that since he allowed SW universe to be filled with different books, etc. that his original script for 3 last movies did not really fit anymore inot what has become of the universe. I hope he made corrections in that respect...

His last movies didn't fit because the Expanded Universe is not proper SW, why the hell should he consider any of it for a second? And same with the new movies, they will not be using any EU stuff either. Jaina, Jacen etc will all become 'alternate universe' characters. And it's funny because for YEARS I've been saying that to me the EU should be called the AU Rolling Eyes
Padmé
Padmé
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2