SciFi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect

5 posters

Go down

Mass Effect Empty Mass Effect

Post by Crouton Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:16 pm

The first game in the highly successful sci-fi trilogy. Has anyone played it? I started this game about a year and a half ago and played it for about 2 days before I got busy and had to stop. I've been meaning to start it up again ever since as I have heard great things about the second and third game.
Crouton
Crouton

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect Empty Re: Mass Effect

Post by JNK Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 pm

nope did not play it... but looked at screenshots they indeed look good! Scifi games... well I played halo, halflife2 (sucked at it), starcraft and the conduit (this one's awesome, I should come back ti it someday).
JNK
JNK

http://www.mapkinases.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Crouton Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:37 pm

I bought myself a copy of Halo:Combat Evolved. I haven't had a chance to start playing it yet though. I also have Halo 4 but I figured I may as well start at the beginning. I've never played Starcraft but I really want to.
Crouton
Crouton

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Gorntrex Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:55 pm

I heard the overall plot in 3 feels like "been there done that" but I really enjoyed the first two games, I haven't gotten it yet because I don't want to tolerate Origin or EA.
Overlord Gorntrex
Overlord Gorntrex
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Crouton Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:24 pm

You should still give it a go if you liked the first two I think. You never know, you might end up loving it.
Crouton
Crouton

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Gorntrex Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 am

It is on WiiU right? Maybe I can give it a shot there. But I would lose all my sick carry over data of my Shepard. On facebook I think I have a folder of Shepard pics because he is so sick.

Bald, super gaunt, with like the same kind of mustache I have. I might upload some here if there is demand, they are hilarious.
Overlord Gorntrex
Overlord Gorntrex
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Mass Effect is a great series and it's not over yet. It's done for Shepard, but there's room for more. I am at this point playing the third game mostly for DLC reasons. I hadn't played any of the DLC yet. So far I've completed Leviathan and the Citadel DLC. They were... Mediocre. They were fun, but not as good as DLC like 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' for example in the second game.
Anakin
Anakin
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Gorntrex Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:01 pm

I heard something about a really bad scene with Tali singing in a movie theater in some of the DLC. I am goosebumps.
Overlord Gorntrex
Overlord Gorntrex
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:13 pm

I heard something about a really bad scene with Tali singing in a movie theater in some of the DLC. I am goosebumps.
Yeah, you can invite her up in the DLC of Citadel and she shows you this video. I won't spoil much, but she sings at your place, not in a movie theatre, though I know why people think that. I guess it's a bit awkward when you're not used to such romantic moments. Some found it cute others just cringed lol.
Anakin
Anakin
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Gorntrex Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:22 am

I just remember the time I went into that Tali thread on the Bioware forum. That was the biggest mistake I've made in my whole life.
Overlord Gorntrex
Overlord Gorntrex
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Padmé Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 am

I loved the first two games, particularly the second. The Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC might be the best DLC I've played of any game. But ME3 was so disappointing.... Such a shame
Padmé
Padmé
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:31 am

Overlord Gorntrex wrote:I just remember the time I went into that Tali thread on the Bioware forum. That was the biggest mistake I've made in my whole life.

lmao, now I wanna know more Smile
JNK
JNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Gorntrex Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:45 pm

JNK wrote:

lmao, now I wanna know more Smile

I'll just say people can get really creepy. Super obsessive about Tali.

And what didn't you like about ME3 Padmé? Ending stuff?
Overlord Gorntrex
Overlord Gorntrex
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Padmé Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:53 am

Not just ending stuff, though that did make me raise my brows, to say the least. Just the general format of the game was not very inspiring. With ME2, it felt fresh, new and interesting. ME3 felt like a poorer version of ME2. All rather predictable. The endings were just the icing on the cake, but even to that point, I hadn't really been enjoying the experience, and felt disappointed how little the game delivered compared to what was promised.
Padmé
Padmé
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Gorntrex Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Interesting, I've only heard one other person say that the general game itself was kind of lackluster. Maybe all of my friends have been trying to justify the game as being really good then.

Or it could just be a polarizing game for all the wrong reasons.
Overlord Gorntrex
Overlord Gorntrex
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Padmé Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:57 pm

I might warm to the game in time. That happened with Dragon Age 2. I was really displeased when I first played that game, but now I enjoy it. Though I still don't appreciate their overuse of the same areas over and over again.... But i tried playing ME3 again recently, and I didn't even bother finishing. But with 1 and 2, I play them back to back and I'm always loving every second until each game is over. I just don't feel that with ME3.
Padmé
Padmé
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:01 pm

I actually got discouraged playing the first two, by the third game, cause I was mainly playing them of course to have fun, but also to set my character up for the third game and to have as much variety. Good guys making different choices, then more neutral guys making different choices and bad guys making different choices. But then your choices are so limited in the third game, and you begin to wonder.... What was all that for?
Anakin
Anakin
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by Overlord Gorntrex Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the idea that everything in a game should carry over and snowball into a horrible mess that gets ignored.
Overlord Gorntrex
Overlord Gorntrex
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:35 pm

moved this to a more appropriate forum.
JNK
JNK

Back to top Go down