SciFi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars

+4
Ephemeral
Crouton
JNK
The Doctor
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars Empty Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars

Post by The Doctor Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:44 pm

I have to say, I was rather disappointed when I read the news that they were reviving star wars.. and even more disappointed when they said that the original trilogy cast were going to feature in it. Nobody wants to see a 62 year old Luke Skywalker...

I just think that they ended it nicely, and should have left it dead in the ground rather than to drag it through the mud for an extra few million £
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars Empty Re: Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars

Post by JNK Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:00 pm

well I look at it very suspiciuosly as well, especially since Disney is gonna do the job... But let's see forts, then we can tell for sure
JNK
JNK

http://www.mapkinases.eu

Back to top Go down

Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars Empty Re: Disappointed at the continuation of Star Wars

Post by The Doctor Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:05 pm

I'll wait for the reviews before I get sucked into it :p
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:35 pm

I'll try to watch... or ask the opinion of ppl here Smile
JNK
JNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Crouton Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am

Star Wars has sort of always been continued. In games, mini-series, TV series etc. So it doesn't really surprise me at all that now they want to make more movies. It's one of the biggest franchises ever.
Crouton
Crouton

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:23 am

Yeah, It's a money making scheme, so I guess in this day and age it'd be foolish to leave a "Stone unturned". At the very least, I hope they INVENT new stuff, rather than recycling old
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Crouton Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:11 am

Pretty much anything that is still possible to earn money will be milked for all it's worth. Who knows? Maybe they will even make some decent films. Better than the last three anyway, that's certainly possible.
Crouton
Crouton

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:40 am

I've got to disagree... I found the original trilogy tedious.. :p Im more of an "Anakin/Padme" person rather than "Luke/Leia"
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Crouton Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 am

You are the only person I have ever met who has said that. Good for you.
Crouton
Crouton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:02 am

I've kinda preferred the TV Clone Wars stuff to the prequel trilogy, to be honest with you. I think that series has been a good example of what a rich and varied universe Star Wars has turned out to be.

I'm not disappointed that they've announced plans to make more films. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it was expected. There was no way that Disney was going to leave that colossal cash cow unmilked.

At least with JJ Abrams attached to direct the first film of the new trilogy it might have a chance of being decent. We can only hope, eh?
Ephemeral
Ephemeral

http://crumblecult.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:48 am

yeah I also agree that clone war series are quite good stuff!!!
JNK
JNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Crouton Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 am

Was the Clone Wars the animated one?
Crouton
Crouton

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:09 am

Yeah it was Crouton.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 am

there were 2 actually: one was made of really short episodes "normal" animation and second one (which we all refer to) 25 minute episodes, 3D animation.
JNK
JNK

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Ah, yes. Good of you to clarify that, Jink. I was indeed referring to the 3D one. I have yet to see the earlier Genndy Tartakovsky version. I've heard that it was quite good too.
Ephemeral
Ephemeral

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:10 pm

yeas, I liked it!
JNK
JNK

Back to top Go down

Post by SJFaerlind Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:15 am

I have no idea what to expect with this one. I'll wait until it comes out before I say too much...
SJFaerlind
SJFaerlind
Sergeant
Sergeant

http://www.fantasyfictiononline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia_the_vulcan Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

I don't really expect anything good to come of a new Star Wars movie. The second trilogy was awful, in my opinion. I'll give it a chance though.
olivia_the_vulcan
olivia_the_vulcan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Second trilogy being the phantom menace trilogy? Or a new hope?
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Well at least the story is written by Lucas for the new movies. Though a better director and scriptwriter is certainly welcome lol
As for the Clone Wars, it's a pity it got cancelled. But that's the cost for the sequel. Other projects have been cancelled, postponed such as Star Wars 1313, Detours, the live-action series and others.
Anakin
Anakin
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by olivia_the_vulcan Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Inc- The three that came out that sucked a while back :p

Anakin- Is Clone Wars that animated one?
olivia_the_vulcan
olivia_the_vulcan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:06 pm

There's one animated movie that is just mediocre, really. The first series is also mediocre, but it just gets better by every season. Season 3 was just fantastic with the Mortis trilogy. That was fantastic. The mythology in those episodes were clearly Campbell material. Season 5 is probably my second favourite season because of the episodes with Darth Maul, though I thought the droid story arc was quite boring tbh. The rest was from good to fantastic in that season.
Anakin
Anakin
Crewman
Crewman

Back to top Go down

Post by JNK Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm

just repped Any... for reading my mind...
JNK
JNK

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Holy shit. Anakin joined.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 am

'Tis our favourite Sith Lord! Very Happy
Ephemeral
Ephemeral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next